We’re always told that we need to drink plenty of water because its good for us. That’s all well and good but sometimes we need a little more motivation than “its good for us” to actually follow through on the advice.
What if I told you that staying hydrated will help you drop 10 pounds? Or if drinking plenty of water can help prevent colon cancer? That’s a little more motivation for ya!
Well, staying hydrated is a very important part of keeping a healthy and fit body. TheFitLifestyleBox helps too ;)
Read these five motivating reasons to make sure you drink your H2O. For a more in-depth study, or if you’re a science nerd like me, check out thismini-review.
1. You eat less.The stomach is like a gas tank. It has a little sensor in there that sends a signal to the brain letting it know when it is getting empty and when it is full. Filling it with food or filling it with water doesn’t change the signal received. Full is full. Water, of course, is calorie-free. Try drinking a glass of water before you reach for food and see if you can’t curb that hunger.
2. Cleans your colon.Remember how I said drinking plenty of water can help prevent colon cancer? Well, when things get backed up in there, toxins can seep into the body and cause a wreck, like cancer. When you drink lots of fluids, your digestive system runs a lot better and it keeps things moving along smoothly. A backed-up digestive system also leads to bloating and makes you look fat. Nobody wants that.
3. It helps you burn more fat.Water helps you lose weight in two ways. The first was discussed in topic #1. The second is by helping the body with the process called lipolysis, or the freeing of stored fats to be used for energy. If your body is dehydrated, it holds onto fats to keep the body from running out of sources of energy. Flush that fat out people!
4. Keeps your muscles energized.The “O” in H2O stands for oxygen, we all know that. But did you know that supplying oxygen to the muscles is essential to keeping them energized and working at peak levels? If you want to power through your workout without muscle fatigue, make sure you are properly hydrated before your workout. This works in your favor twice over because properly hydrated muscles are less likely to cramp up or get injured.
5. Burns more calories.When you drink water, your body uses more energy or burns more calories. It makes sense when you think about it. Water is essential to all the body systems, digestive, muscular, nervous, immune, it gives them all a boost and gets them working. This jumpstart to your body uses more energy. Like when you add nitrous to an engine, it gets revved and burns a lot of gas.
It can be hard to drink enough water throughout the day, especially if we don’t like the taste of water. You can still take advantage of all the benefits of drinking water and more by trying flavored water.
Try to find flavored water that contains no sugar or sugar substitutes, likeHint water, that will keep you drinking all day with a variety of flavors. Hint water even has a sparkling water line to help you get your soda fix without the calories.
TL;DR: Drinking water can help you lose weight and get fit by east less, burn more fat and calories, workout harder, and clean out your colon.